Welcome to #thingsilovethursday, a round up of my favorite things from the week! I’m linking up with Amanda from Running With Spoons. Join the fun here!
- Seasonal Larabar Flavors – I think I may have squealed with excitement in the aisle at Target when I saw the display for the seasonal Larabars! I absolutely love Pumpkin Pie and Snickerdoodle. The Gingerbread, however; no es bueno, in my opinion. Larabars rock because they’re made from real food (basically mashed up fruit and nuts), there are very few ingredients, and I can pronounce all of them (it’s not frankenfood). The only downside is that I wish they had a bit more protein. It’s great if I need an afternoon pick me up with a cup of coffee to hold me over until dinner. It’s also awesome that it gets me even more in the mood for fall.
- Iced Herbal Tea – I am the.worst. at drinking water. I don’t like it. It’s boring. The only time I crave it is if I am exercising hard, if it’s crazy hot, or if I’ve had a ton of salt. I joke that a camel is my spirit animal. I have been trying for years to come up with something that will get me to drink more water because I know how healthy it is. I’ve added a bit of juice – successful but too many calories! I’ve added powdered “stuff” like Crystal Light – I USUALLY don’t like the taste of artificial sweetener/stevia and this is one of those times. I’ve tried adding lemons until the acid etched my plastic water bottle. It was a BPA free reputable brand too! I wondered what the acid was doing to my teeth! So finally I had a light bulb moment and I’m not sure what took me so long to try…iced HERBAL tea. I’m not a big tea drinker in general but I had some fruity flavors in the cabinet and I decided to brew some and pour it over ice in my big tumbler. Wa-lah! I love it! While I’m still not drinking as much as when I put juice in the water, this is the next best thing I have tried. The best part is that it’s calorie free and nothing artificial! So far the Wild Berry Zinger is my favorite. I like the sampler but be advised the black cherry berry is a thumbs down. It tastes like cough medicine to me.
- Painting – I definitely have a creative side and I don’t get to tap into it as often as I would like. That’s why I love Painting With a Twist! You can go and hang out with your friends (and drink wine!) and get instruction on how to paint a design of your choosing and you leave with a piece of art and feeling like an artist. The best part of the last one I went to was that ALL of the money went towards our local library. Here’s my fall painting. I don’t LOVE these colors together and it didn’t photograph well but overall I like it and added it to my fall decor.
- Hiking – We signed CJ up for Boy Scouts this fall and we (he & I) went on our first hike with the group. I love hiking, spending some one on one time w/ him, and being outdoors in general. We hiked to the Fire Tower and the view was awesome! It was such a clear day.
- Free stuff – I got this gem in the mail today. If you follow my facebook page I posted about how to get your free ENLIGHTENED coupon. I was expecting a coupon for just the pint, but I ended up with a coupon for 2 other freebies! According to their website: “All ENLIGHTENED Ice Cream bars are gluten free. ENLIGHTENED Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, Brownies & Cookie Dough, Fudge Brownie, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough pints contain gluten…ENLIGHTENED Crisps are gluten free…ENLIGHTENED Marshmallow Treats are gluten-free.” I know they sell the ice cream at my local Giant and it looks like they sell the beans and marshmallow treats at my GNC.
So, tell me in the comments…what are YOU loving lately?