I love shopping Target for clearance (who doesn’t?!) but it’s especially fun to see if I can find any gluten free foods that are marked down. I recently saw these This Kid Saves Lives Granola Bars in Wild Berries flavor marked down to 30% off or .56/bar. I considered this a good deal for gluten free bars! But did I like them? Verdict: they were OK.
- No gluten (obviously!)
- No HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)
- No hydrogenated oils
- No preservatives
- No artificial flavors/colors
- No nuts (I don’t mind nuts but it may be of concern for some of you.)
- 14 vitamins & minerals
- Non-GMO verified
- Only 120 calories (good for a light snack)
- For every box bought they send food to a kid in need! Love, love, LOVE! More on that here.
- Too sweet! (They contained honey AND brown rice syrup AND raisin juice AND agave syrup AND evaporated cane juice! Crazy!) Somehow they were only 8g sugar and not more but I could’ve done without about half of their sweetness level.
- Berry flavor was slightly artificial tasting (even though it wasn’t artificial).
- Only 2g of protein and 1g fiber so not filling enough for me.
They do have 5 other flavors that I would LOVE to try: Madagascar vanilla almond & honey, dark chocolate peanut butter & sea salt, wild blueberry pistachio, dark cherry chocolate & sea salt, chocolate chip. Those first 3 are sold out on their website so people must be loving them! The chocolate chip flavor is marketed as a “kids” bar just like the wild berries flavor, but the other flavors are more sophisticated and have more calories.
*This is NOT a sponsored post! I’m just sharing something new I tried!
Which flavor sounds yummy to you? Comment below!